The Idaho Music Teachers Association, a non-profit organization, is a part of the Northwest Division of Music Teachers National Association, a non-profit based in Cincinnati, Ohio. The following excerpt is from our bylaws:
The purpose for which this corporation is organized and operated is exclusively literary and educational, as defined in Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and its regulations as they now exist or as they may hereafter be amended. The purpose of this corporation shall be the advancement of music education, and in specific furtherance thereof:
- To conduct programs and activities to build a vital musical culture and an enlightened musical public for the benefit and the general welfare of all persons;
- To ensure that every student shall have access to a balanced, comprehensive, and high-quality program of music instruction;
- To improve the quality of teaching, research, performance, and scholarship in music;
- To promote the involvement of persons of all ages in learning music;
- To foster the utilization of the most effective techniques and resources in music instruction; and,
- To facilitate the education of music teachers.
We achieve these objectives as stated in our bylaws by hosting an annual state conference, and prestigious annual state competitions for our students. We meet local community needs through our local associations.